Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dear Dumb Diary: Lets pertend it never happened


Jamie Kelly is in middle school and she has made a diary about all her problems. In this book, Jamie is jealous of this girl named Angeline. Angeline is perfect in every way. Jamie thinks that she will never be friends with Angeline, but when Jamie gets a hold of Angeline's permanent record, everything changes. This is what the first page in her Diary says:

Dear Whoever Is reading My dumb Diary,

Are you sure your supposed to be reading somebody else's diary? Maybe I told you that you could so that's Okay. But if your Angeline, I did NOT give you permission, so stop it. If you are my parent, then YES, I know that I am not allowed to call people idiots and fools and goons and halfwits and pinheads and all that, but this is a diary, and I didn't actually "call" them anything. I wrote it. And if you punish me for it, then I will know that you read my diary, which I am not giving you the permission to do. Now by the power vested in me, I do promise that everything in this diary is true or, at least, as true as I think it needs to be.


signed,
      
                 Jamie Kelly

2 comments:

Jill said...

I haven't read any books in this series before. Do you think I'd like them? I love his Frannie K. books, though.

Kinnie said...

Darla- uhh probobly I think thier really ment for middleschool kids but ya i think so